Our Pumpkin Spiced Baked Oatmeal is a delicious, heart-warming breakfast.
This tasty treat is filled with so many healthy ingredients.
- Walnuts and pecans provide vital minerals including iron, zinc and magnesium, amino acids and fats. I use soaked/dehydrated nuts for better digestion. https://www.farmgirlfresh.com/how-to-soak-raw-nuts/
- Pumpkin is loaded with antioxidant vitamins Beta-Carotene and vitamin E.
- Eggs are an excellent source of protein, healthy fat and antioxidants.
- Butter is a natural healthy fat our bodies need every day. Bright yellow organic butter from grass-fed cows is the most nourishing. Some people have trouble digesting dairy but they do well consuming ghee (clarified butter). Ghee is pure milk fat and contains no milk protein or lactose.
- Pure maple syrup is a healthy natural food with beneficial nutrients including trace minerals.
- Vanilla extract is a great antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and mental health booster.
- Our pumpkin pie spice is made with Ceylon cinnamon for maximum health benefits. https://www.farmgirlfresh.com/which-cinnamon-is-the-healthiest-cassia-cinnamon-or-ceylon-cinnamon/ It is antimicrobial, treats candida overgrowth, increases metabolism, lowers inflammation, lowers blood glucose levels, lowers blood cholesterol and helps improve liver function.
- We use unrefined Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt. These salts are hand-mined and dried naturally by the sun and wind. These two salts contain many beneficial minerals that are not found in ordinary table salt.
- Oats provide a good source of protein, trace minerals and fiber and have been enjoyed for centuries as a healthy, warm and filling comfort food.
I begin preparing this breakfast by soaking the oats the night before. Soaking helps break down the phytic acid in the oats making it more digestible.
two muffin pans; one muffin pan and one 8 x 8 pan; or one 9 x 13 pan.
Start your day with this nutritious pumpkin spiced oatmeal served with a generous splash of sweet fresh cream!